19 January, 2012

It Was the Year 27

It was the year 27. 
An adventurous year. 
A painful year. 
A year of emotional scars
A year of hard lessons. 
A year of firsts. 
A year of seeking help
A year of getting help
A year alone
A trying year. 
But I'm still here
And friends were near
They made things clear
In the midst of mopes
There were hopes
There was faith
There was grief
With very little relief
But the year 27
Was also the year
That the healing 
started with me
The answers 
became plain to see
And I untied myself 
from guilt
And became free
Though still single
I realized
I should still be me
The shields were up
Too hurt to lower my guard
But I tried. 
Gullibility and optimism got me hurt anyway
The healing, the friends, the insight
The counseling helped me
face the underlying pain
the unresolved history
Behind the set-ups to more misery
The year ended
With one more first I can be proud of
I would not have made it through the year
Without (your) support. 
Many thanks for seeing me through.

1 comment:

  1. Its family and good friends we can count on to help us through the hard times and celebrate the good times!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete