31 July, 2011

Drinkin' [Alcohol]

I'm piggy-backing off another blog entry for this post.

I think I'm partial to sweet drinks when I socialize at places that serve alcohol.  I hate the taste of beer (armpits), and I don't necessarily favor the meal wines (bitter wine face). One exception is a raspberry beer/cider from Belgium I had at FilmBar. Delicious! I order one every time I go there (Palace Parties FTW!).

I like to taste things, especially if they're fruity and or sweet. Unfortunately, these fruity sweet things seem to disappear pretty quickly because my idea of savoring the taste of a drink is to not let it fester in my glass, much to the surprise (read by horrific looks at my empty glass about two minutes after I receive my drink order) of the people around me (or people I so happen to hang out with).

One of my friends said it best when she responded on my behalf about not going out to beer bars (pubs, whatever) with (now ex) co-workers for a drink.  "Oh, she just doesn't drink beer." I still don't think that sunk in, that they thought I was some non-drinking square.

I'm a square, and I drink occasionally...and two drinks are usually my limit unless two things are true: I'm eating, or I feel confident enough that I won't look like and idiot in my social interactions (read: my friends accept me as I am regardless of the intoxication levels). And the latter is more of a rarity.

I'm opposed to drinking at home, but I'm starting to think it would be more financially feasible.  Drinks I always seem to order are an Amaretto Sour, or sour-puckers pressed (unless a fruity margarita blended is available, but those seem to go to my head the fastest...that and wine).  I've tried things from time to time, but based off this, and the fact that these drinks are increasing in price (anywhere from four to six dollars ($4-$6 USD)), I made an observation. A bottle of Amaretto costs about four-fifty ($4.50 USD) at CVS Pharmacies! I don't know exactly how many drinks I could make, but I know it would be cheaper.

HMMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment